We’re committed to helping you in every way we can during this unprecedented time, so we’re offering telehealth appointments. You get to stay safe at home, but we can still provide you hearing health care!
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a fairly new health care development. Because a lot of computers and mobile devices now have built-in cameras and microphones, you can meet with us over the internet.
Of course, certain hearing health issues require an in-person appointment. But many issues can be successfully handled by meeting with us “face to face” from the comfort of your own home.
This is ideal for people who live far away from the nearest provider or those who can’t easily get to their provider — for example, because of mobility, transportation, or other issues.
How Do I Use Telehealth?
To use this option, you’ll need a high-speed internet connection, a working email address, and a functioning camera on your desktop computer, laptop computer, or mobile device.
To Get Started:
Call or email us to schedule a telehealth appointment.
You’ll receive an email with a secure link in it. At the scheduled time, click the link.
An internet browser window will open — your appointment has begun! You and your provider can now see and talk to each other online.
At the end of the 15- to 30-minute appointment, close the browser window.
Feel free to include a friend or family member. That second perspective from someone close to you is always appreciated.
What Services Are Available Via Telehealth?
Connecting with your hearing provider virtually can be a matter of convenience or a matter of health preservation. Family Hearing is well versed in connecting with patients remotely whether it be:
- To Review device cleaning & maintenance
- Coach on how to use communication applications or accessories
- Fine tune remote care enabled hearing devices
- Face to face consultations to discuss better hearing goals and plans
Schedule an appointment if:
- You have new technology. We want to ensure you’re adjusting well, confirm your technology is working properly, and answer your questions.
- You need troubleshooting help. We can provide maintenance guidance and tips, show you how to change batteries, or make suggestions if you’re having technology issues.
- You just want to check in! We love our patients, and it’d be great to hear how you’re doing and stay connected.